Welcome to the website www.ranciliogroup.com of Rancilio Group S.p.A. con socio unico (with sole shareholder), the “Website” below.
by this policy, Rancilio Group S.p.A. con socio unico gives users information on the processing of personal data that are automatically collected or that the user voluntarily provides when accessing and navigating the Website and using the services provided therein, and also on the operation of cookies installed or present.
Browsing is free and does not require registration; the provision of personal data is dealt with in the “Contact Us” and “Work with Us” sections, and it also facilitates the user to download documentation on the Company’s products, in which the user will find specific information on personal data processing operations.
The Website may also contain hypertext links to the websites, pages or online services of third parties. By clicking on these links, the user will be able to access multimedia content that is beyond the control of Rancilio Group S.p.A. con socio unico and is not covered by the provisions of this policy as this content is owned exclusively by said third parties. Accordingly, Rancilio Group S.p.A. con socio unico recommends users to take care when subscribing to services offered by third parties and to carefully read the data processing information provided by them, as Rancilio Group S.p.A. con socio unico is not in a position to control that information and has no liability in relation thereto.
1. Data Controller
The Data Controller is Rancilio Group S.p.A. con socio unico (Tax Code and VAT no. 09784580152), with registered office in Parabiago, Viale della Repubblica n. 40, telephone 0331.408200, e-mail address email@example.com and certified email address firstname.lastname@example.org (hereinafter the “Company”).
2. Type of personal data processed
Personal data means any information concerning the user (or data subject) and referable to said user.
More specifically, the data processing will concern:
– Personal browsing data
When browsing the Website, the Company generally collects browsing data using cookies or other tracking technologies. In their normal operation, the IT systems and software procedures used to operate this Website automatically acquire certain personal navigation data whose transmission is implicit in the use of internet communication protocols.
These are computer traffic data which, by their nature, are not collected to be immediately associated with identified users, but which could enable the user to be identified through processing operations or associations with third party data. This category includes, for example, the IP addresses or domain names of computers used to connect to the Website, addresses in URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) notation of requested resources, the time the request is made, the method used to send the request to the server, the file size obtained in response, the numerical code indicating the response status given by the server (successful, error, etc.) and other parameters related to the user’s operating system and computer environment.
These data enable the user to navigate the Website and to use the services provided therein, and may be used to obtain information about visits, to compile statistical analyses anonymously and in aggregate form, to create profiles that permit the transmission of ads in line with user preferences, and to identify anomalies and/or abuses. Such data are stored for at most 6 months and for the period of time that is specified in para. 4) below in relation to Cookies, but these time limits are without prejudice to the investigation of criminal offences by the Italian judicial authorities, as appropriate.
– Data voluntarily provided by the user
The Company also processes personal data which the user voluntarily provides while interfacing with Website services e.g. when requesting information, sending an application and requesting to download Company product documentation. A special data privacy notice is published, in compliance with Article 13 of EU Regulation 679/2016 (hereinafter the “Regulation”), in the separate sections of the Website where the user’s data are collected; in all other cases, however, please refer to the content of this document. The user voluntarily provides the following data:
– when subscribing to the Company’s newsletter: first name, last name, e-mail address, company, professional qualification;
– when requesting information: first name, last name, e-mail address, company, nationality, city, professional qualification, reason for contact, and any further information provided when completing the form to request information;
– when sending in an application: first name, last name, e-mail address, area of interest, and any additional information indicated in the curriculum vitae (e.g. place and date of birth, residence, nationality, telephone numbers, educational background, professional experience, personal interests and image), including information revealing racial or ethnic origin and health status;
– in order to download information on new Company products, first name, last name, nationality and e-mail address;
(hereinafter “Data” together).
If a user voluntarily sends e-mails to the addresses indicated on this Website, the sender’s email address and also any other personal data voluntarily included in the message will thereby be automatically acquired. Such data are used only in order to reply to the sender, and will not be disclosed or disseminated in any way.
3. Purposes of the data processing, legal basis and nature of the Data provision/span>
When consulting the Website and using its services, Data will be processed for the following purposes:
a. to permit navigation on the Website, to obtain anonymous statistical data on its use, to facilitate checks of its proper operation and to ascertain liability where computer crimes are committed(hereinafter “Website Navigation”). The legal basis of the data processing in this case is the Company’s legitimate interest (Article 6.1 f) of the Regulation);
b. to respond to the user’s request and provide the latter with relevant information on the products and activities carried out (hereinafter “Contacts”). The legal basis of the data processing is the data subject’s express consent (Article 6.1 a) of the Regulation);
c. to permit the downloading of information on the Company’s products (hereinafter “Brochures”). The legal basis of the data processing is the data subject’s express consent (Article 6.1 a) of the Regulation);
d. to allow subscription to the newsletter and to enable communications to be sent by e-mail containing informative, advertising and promotional content on the Company’s products, services and events (hereinafter the “Newsletter”). The legal basis of the data processing is the data subject’s express consent (Article 6.1 a) of the Regulation);
e. to analyse the user’s interests, purchasing and consumption habits and tastes, so that the Company can customise its product and services offering in order to send personalised communications in line with the user’s interests (hereinafter “Customer profiling”). The legal basis of the data processing is the data subject’s express consent (Article 6.1 a) of the Regulation);
f. to evaluate the user’s professional profile with a view to possible selection and institution of a working relationship or professional collaboration (hereinafter “Selection”). The data processing is legally founded on the implementation of pre-contractual measures (Article 6.1 b) of the Regulation and Article 111-bis of Legislative Decree 196/2003) and on the data subject’s consent regarding any special data provided (Article 9.2 a) of the Regulation);
g. to enable the Company to exercise and defend its rights in any realm, including in judicial, administrative, arbitration proceedings and/or in mediation and conciliation procedures (hereinafter “Legal Defence”). The legal basis of the data processing in this instance is the Company’s legitimate interest (Article 6.1 f) of the Regulation).
With the exception of navigation data (which are automatically collected), the provision of Data is:
– necessary in order for the purposes indicated in para. 3) b), c) and f) above to be achieved. Therefore, if the user does not provide the requested Data, it will be impossible for the Company to fulfil the user’s request;
– optional in order for the purposes indicated in para. 3) d) and e) above to be achieved. Therefore, any non-provision of such Data will make it objectively impossible for the Company to proceed with the user’s request in this instance (subscription to the Company’s newsletter in order to send informative and promotional communications, and analysis of user interests, purchasing and consumption habits, tastes), but will not compromise the purposes indicated in para. 3) b), c) and f) above, the use of the Website or the right to legal defence.
5. Data processing procedures
Data will be processed, within the purposes indicated in para. 3) above, primarily using electronic and automated means, but also in traditional hard copy form, in compliance with applicable legal provisions on personal data processing, and suitable data security measures will be put in place for this purpose. The processing of Data is managed by internal Company personnel who receive special authorisation and training for this purpose in order to ensure adequate levels of data security and confidentiality, and also to prevent the risk of Data loss and/or destruction and unauthorised access to Data.
6. Communication and dissemination of Data
Data shall not be disclosed or disseminated. Data may, within limits strictly relevant to the purposes indicated in para. 3) above, be communicated the following persons:
– persons who are legally entitled to receive it e.g. ( without limitation) the public authorities and the judicial authorities of Italy;
– persons who, in their capacity as independent data controllers or data processors within the meaning of Article 28 of the Regulation, are involved in the processing of Data.
The Company may be requested for an updated list of names of data processors, by sending an email to email@example.com
7. Data retention period
The Company retains Data for the period of time strictly required in order to achieve the purposes for which they were originally collected. Subject to the specific provisions of paras. 2) and 4) above, Data for the purpose of:
– “Contacts” will be retained for 1 year from the date of their collection;
– “Brochures” will be retained for 1 year from the date of their collection;
– “Newsletters” will be retained until the user revokes his/her consent, also by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” button at the end of each communication;
– “Customer Profiling” will be retained for 24 months from the date of their collection;
– “Selection” will be retained for 1 year from the date of their collection.
Without prejudice, however, to the data subject’s entitlement to withdraw his/her consent to data processing operations that have this legal basis, and to object to and oppose data processing operations, and also to fulfil specific data retention obligations provided for by law, and to exercise the right to a legal defence in the event of litigation.
8. Data subject’s rights
The user is entitled, in relation to Data, to request the Company – according to the Regulation’s procedures and without prejudice to the provisions and limitations under Italian Legislative Decree no.
– 196/2003 (Part I – Title I – Chapter III):to access Data in the cases provided for (Article 15 of the Regulation);
– to correct inaccurate Data and supplement incomplete Data (Article 16 of the Regulation);
– to erase Data for the reasons provided for (Article 17 of the Regulation) e.g when they are no longer required for the aforementioned purposes or are not processed in compliance with the Regulation;
– to limit a data processing in the cases provided for (Article 18 of the Regulation), e.g. when the accuracy of Data is disputed and needs to be verified;
– to facilitate data portability, i.e. the entitlement to receive Data (in the cases provided for in Article 20 of the Regulation), in a format that is structured and in common use and readable on an automatic device, and to transmit said Data to another data controller;
– to oppose the data processing, in the cases provided for (Article 21 of the Regulation).
Where a processing of Data is founded on consent, the user is also entitled to revoke his/her consent at any time without compromising the legality of consensual data processing operations carried out prior to the revocation.
You can exercise all of these rights by emailing the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a registered letter to the Company address, for the attention of the Privacy Office.
If the user considers that the processing of Data infringes the Regulation’s provisions, he/she may file a complaint before the Italian Data Protection Authority in compliance with Article 77 of the Regulation.
10. Transfer of Data abroad
Your Data are stored on servers located in the European Union. In the event that your Data are transferred abroad, the Company undertakes to ensure that any transfer of Data to such countries complies with the Regulation and is, in particular, accompanied by adequate guarantees (adequacy decisions, standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, etc.).